Getting a divorce is an incredibly stressful and difficult process – and you need an experienced divorce attorney in your corner to fight for your rights. We understand the stress an emotions involved in a divorce – but we’re here to make sure that you handle the situation properly and make the right decisions.
Unlike other Dallas divorce attorneys, we’re not a “churn and burn” firm, where the volume of cases is the most important focus. We handle a smaller number of cases, because we truly care about each client, and we’re personally invested in the outcome of each case. If you’re looking for the right lawyer to handle your divorce, call us at 214-828-2800 and set up a consultation – after a quick chat, you’ll see why we’re different.
Different types of divorce
When you and your spouse disagree on any issues (even a single issue), such as the division of your property, the custody of your children, or child support, it’s called a “contested divorce”. If you both agree on all issues, you’ll have what’s called an “uncontested divorce”. Whether you’re going through an uncontested or contested divorce, Balekian Hayes, PLLC will provide you with the personal support and legal guidance you need.
Not sure which type of divorce you’ll be going through? Call us today or fill out the form to the right and set up a consultation. We’ll sit down with you and explain the entire process and make sure all of your questions are answered.
Divorce mediation is a much less stressful and much more affordable divorce solution. In a mediation, you and your spouse meet with a neutral third party who will help you work through any issues that need to be resolved. If you’re wanting to know more about divorce mediation, call us today for a consultation.
Important divorce issues
I’ll always go above and beyond to make sure that you’re being heard, your questions are answered, and your needs are being met. Our firm is experienced and compassionate, and we’ll explain every aspect involved with divorce:
- Property division – Typically, spouses don’t agree on the division of property. I’ve got extensive experience in assessing the available assets and ensuring that my clients receive their fair share.
- Alimony – Depending on the length of your marriage, the income of each spouse, and the age of each spouse, temporary or permanent spousal support may be necessary. Whether you’re on the receiving end or the one who’ll be paying, I’ll make sure that the fair amount of support is requested.
- Child custody – In any case where children are involved, our first priority is fighting for the rights of your children. I’ll fight for your rights and the needs of your children so that we can pursue the best possible custody and visitation arrangement.
- Child support – In the state of Texas, guidelines establish the amount of child support – but in some cases, there are reasons to establish a different amount than what’s listed in the guidelines. I’ll help determine if your situation calls for something outside of the guidelines and make sure that a fair child support order is put in place.
- Divorce modifications – Even though most divorce decrees are meant to be permanent, sometimes life changes and one of the spouses will need to revisit the arrangements. If you need to get your divorce order modified, we can help – simply call us for a consultation and we’ll walk you through your options.
Schedule your consultation with us today – either fill out the form on this page or call us at 214-828-2800. We’re conveniently located on Central Expressway, just north of Cityplace.