Kris Balekian Hayes, Attorney
Krista “Kris” Balekian Hayes, Attorney of Family Law is double board-certified in the areas of family law and child welfare by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been identified as one of Best Attorneys in America©. Kris earned her law degree at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio after completing her Bachelor of Business Administration at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. She continued her education by earning a Master of Business Administration at St. Mary’s University School of Business. Kris worked in the area of family violence at the District Attorney’s office and spent years defending matters involving family violence allegations. Kris also spent over fifteen years practicing in various areas of civil litigation before finally finding her home in family law. Having practiced in criminal, civil, and family matters, Kris brings a vast amount of experience to her family law clients.
Kris is an accredited mediator in all civil, family, and CPS matters. She enjoys college football, wakeboarding, snowboarding and spending time with her children.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Southern Methodist University in Dallas
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- St. Mary’s University School of Business
- Master of Business Administration
Certified Legal Specialties
- State Bar of Texas- Family Law Section, Member
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association- Family Law Section, Board Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialist, Member
- Dallas Protection and Permanency Court, Member
Current Employment Position